This is where our Café Palladio is located which serves weddings and events for up to 80. In close proximity a justice of the peace office within Schloss Malberg.
This is where our Café Palladio is located which serves weddings and events for up to 80.
In close proximity a justice ofthe peace office within Schloss Malberg.
Schloss Malberg is romantically located within the historic village of Malberg and integrated in the the beautiful natural
surroundings of the r Kyllburger Waldeifel region.
The construction is first documented in the year 1008.
During many centuries the castle lodged locally dominating aristocratic families.
The most renowned master of Malberg was knight Kuno, who due to his valor when
bearing weapons achieved considerable renown.
In the year 1708 the then owner, Johann Werner von Veyder, a bishop residing in Cologne, asked venetian architect Matteo Alberti to transform the premises in line with the baroque style and to turn them into a representative seat for a gentleman. Until the Napoleonic turmoil (1792) Malberg belonged to the Luxembourg.
The castle’s premises that measure 3 hecares consist of:
• old building (1591 - 1597 with transformations between 1707 and 1711),
an edifice surmounting a substantial base and featuring an internal gate and a clock tower,
all in simple Renaissance form
• New Building (1712 - 1714), a 2.5 level building featirung up to 9 axes,
whose decorative façade faces the court yard, erected by Count Matteo Alberti in a palladian style
• Arcades (coachhouse, 1710-1714)
• Chapel (1710 with extension in a Western direction by one further axis in 1826).